ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & PATHOLOGY DIPLOMA (ITEC)
Next inhouse classes at Golden Egg Holistic:
September 2020 to February 2021 * Fully Booked
April 2021 to August 2021 *6 places remaining
***This training is available to take as a self guided online option-details here:
Email email@example.com for further info
This diploma course, which is suitable for absolute beginners, forms the basis of all Body Therapy training and gives students a thorough grounding in the anatomy, physiology and basic pathology of the human body, essential for the practice of complementary medicine.
It is mandatory for all therapists wishing to study Reflexology, Holistic Massage,Sports Massage, Aromatherapy, Cranio Sacral Therapy etc, to have a certified qualification in Anatomy,Physiology and Pathology .
This Diploma course can be taken before or alongside your Reflexology/Holistic Massage diploma course.
A fascinating course providing students with a thorough understanding of the anatomy , physiology and pathologies of the body so that they have a complete knowledge of the structure and functions of each area on which they are working.
Course Content includes:
- Cells: organization, metabolism, responsiveness, growth, repair and reproduction; cell structure and function.
- Tissues: epithelial, connective, muscular and nervous tissue; tissue repair and conditions affecting it.
- The Integumentary System: the functions of the skin; the epidermal, dermal, subcutaneous skin layers; common skin diseases and allergies.
- The Skeletal System: the development and structure of bone cells; the structure, location and functions of the bones and joints; surface anatomy; the spinal vertebrae; common skeletal disorders.
- The Muscular System: skeletal, smooth and cardiac muscle, its structure and functions; muscle contraction; origin and insertion; muscle fatigue; tendons and ligaments; common diseases of the muscular system.
- The Nervous System: the structure and functions of neurons and glial cells; synapses; the structure and functions of the brain and spinal cord; the limbic system; sensory reception and adaptation; the autonomic nervous system; common diseases of the nervous system.
- The Special Senses: the structure and functions of the special senses: hearing, sight, taste, touch and smell; the process of olfaction; sensory disorders.
- The Endocrine System: the functions of the endocrine system; homeostasis; the principal glands and hormones; common diseases of the endocrine system.
- The Cardiovascular System: the composition and functions of the blood; blood disorders; the structure and functions of the heart; common heart diseases; the principal arteries and veins; vascular disorders.
- The Lymphatic System: the structure and functions of the lymphatic system; lymph nodes and lymphatic tissue; common diseases of the lymphatic system.
- The Immune System: specific immunity and nonspecific defence mechanisms; antigens and antibodies; inflammation; the allergic response; immune disorders.
- The Respiratory System: major respiratory structures; the structure and functions of the lungs; external and internal respiration; common respiratory diseases
- The Digestive System: the structure and functions of the digestive system; ingestion, digestion, absorption and elimination; the small and large intestines; common diseases of the digestive system.
- The Urinary System: the structure and functions of the urinary system, kidneys and nephrons; water and electrolyte balance; common urinary diseases.
- The Reproductive System: the structure of the male and female reproductive systems; male and female sex hormones; the menstrual cycle; the stages of pregnancy; common diseases of the reproductive system.
Course Fee (inhouse): €650 + €150 Exam Fees
A €350 deposit (non refundable) confirms a place on this course.
Payment plans are available at no extra cost.
Course Fee (online): €350 + €150 Exam Fees
Further info/Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org