Next course: June to November 2019 (weekend based classes)
*6 place remaining
Aromatherapy can be used by itself or integrated with other therapies and treatment modalities such as Holistic Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Indian Head Massage and Reflexology.
– History of Aromatherapy
– Origins of essential oils in plants – Botany, Plant Families, Chemotypes and classification
– Essential Oil Production – Harvesting, Extraction Methods, Testing, Sustainability & the Environment. (Hydrolats, Maceration, Absolutes & solvent extraction, CO2 extraction, Adulteration, Quality)
– Olfactory System & the skin – how essential oils enter the body.
-Methods of application – inhalation, massage, compresses. Dilution, precautions, contra-indications & safety.
– Chemistry of Aromatherapy, Action on the body systems – pharmacologically, physiologically and psychologically.
– Creating therapeutic Blends – fragrance notes, synergy & addressing the needs of the client. Positive association & Stress relief.
-Carrier Oils, Creams, Butters & Lotions – Properties, benefits & Methods of application.
-Making base products.
– Characteristics of 42 essential oils and their therapeutic uses.
– Holistic care of the client – Case Studies, Choosing oils & Client Questionnaire
– Chakras and associated essential oils
– Pregnancy, Childbirth & Post-Natal use of Aromatherapy – Guidelines
– Advanced massage techniques including pressure points and lymphatic drainage.
– Referral & Complementary Therapies
– Professional Membership, Research, Ethics & Business
Course fees: €1300 + ITEC Exam Fees
A €300 deposit secures a place on the course. Payment plans available at no extra cost.
For further info/Booking contact: Catriona Plunkett
Ph: 087 6011797