THAI MASSAGE DIPLOMA (FHT)
Thai Massage Diploma
Dates: February 4th to 8th & May 11th to 14th 2019 (9 days in total)
(suitable for those with A&P qualification . No previous Massage experience necessary)
We are excited to be offering this new Thai Massage Diploma at Golden Egg Holistic!
This course is Delivered in 2 modules in a professional, certified qualification recognised by CTHA and The International school of Massage, Thailand
Students receive a detailed workbook as part of each module
ESSENTIALS OF THAI MASSAGE, LAYERS AND LINES (MODULE 1) February 2019
Pre requisite:This course is suitable for those with an A&P qualification.
Each day includes theory and practical aspects plus topics from the previous day are recalled.
The topics covered include:
· Practical experience every day in giving and receiving massages. This is a great way of learning about your own body, something that is very important for anyone working in the healing arts.
· Learn multiple techniques to use throughout the massage including compressions, stretching, rubbing, gliding, beating, rolling, squeezing, spreading, unfolding, point pressing, twisting, stepping, kneading and more.
· Daily talks, for example about the history of Thai massage, layers of the body, Wai Kru (Thai self care system/yoga), correct body mechanics, techniques, Sen and channels, elements, Brahmaviharas, Precepts and ethics.
By the end of the course you will be able to confidently give a two-hour Thai Massage.
DEEP TISSUE THAI, COMPRESSION & STRETCH (MODULE 2) May 2019
This module enables students to work with and provide focused and deep pressure with the knowledge and confidence that comes from the next level of training. Through this extra study it will become clearer when to use each technique for the most effective results. We will continue with medical theory and Thai anatomy.
You will learn:
· Deep tissue techniques for structural change, healing, and release
· Techniques for supine, prone, side-lying and seated positions
· Thai and Lanna targeted passive stretch therapies
· Advanced tendon, ligament and nerve treatment techniques
· Daily reusi da ton (Thai self care)
· Daily traditional Thai healing art spiritual practice
· Working with feet, elbows, forearms, thumbs, knees and shins
To complete certification, students will need to :
Take a Practical and multiple choice exam and hand in written work
On passing, Students receive CTHA Thai Bodywork Diploma – level 1 & 2.
Course Fee: €1400
Exam Fee: €100
Payment plans available at no extra cost.
For further info/Booking, please contact: Catriona Plunkett
Phone: 087 6011797